ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Weird Panasonic P2 media problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Weiner
Weird Panasonic P2 media problem
on Mar 9, 2020 at 10:09:45 pm

So I have about 10 cards worth of footage. I'm having an issue with only one. When I view it premiere directly on the HD I was given, the footage shows up just fine. When I copy the footage over (either by drag and dropping or with Chronosync) to either another drive or my desktop, something happens to the card. When viewed with premiere suddenly rather than a 35+ mins clip, it's 5:00 mins exactly. Obviously it something going wrong with Spanning, but it looks fine on the drive I was provided. The other 9 cards all copied over with no issues, this is the only one giving me trouble.

Once the footage has been moved, if I try ad import it using view files rather than P2 options each clip only shows me the first 5 mins, I can't seem to see the back end at all.

I seem to have solved by transcoding from the given drive to Apple Pro Res, but I'd really like not not lose my raw footage and have to use transcoded footage if I can avoid it.

Any ideas? I've tried importing every posable way with premiere. I'm using the last version of Premiere 2019 with an iMac. (I've tired a few other computers as well..)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Weird Panasonic P2 media problem
on Mar 10, 2020 at 3:20:44 am

Use the Media Browser to ingest the footage. Don't drag it in. If the card structure is intact, the Media Browser should recognize the spanned clips.

Return to posts index

Eric Weiner
Re: Weird Panasonic P2 media problem
on Mar 13, 2020 at 10:50:40 pm

Hey thanks for the help! I was using media browser to ingest but that could defiantly have caused that as well.

It took a few days of noodling around with it, but I fixed it. Turns out the folders above the main card folder had weird characters in it. (dashes) Also the drive with the footage I was given back had a slash in the folder name above that folder. Taking the slash out when I moved the drive broke it, so I had to put it back in. But I found one dash worked, but two dashes in the folder above broke it.

I don't 100% understand what was going on, especially when I had to add back in a slash to make it work, but if you get a similar problem, check the folders even above the main card folder with P2 stuff. If there is a weird dash, try adding or subtracting one. So Weird!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]