ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Keyframed motion on jpg beneath adjustment layer not working??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Combs
Keyframed motion on jpg beneath adjustment layer not working??
on Feb 19, 2020 at 4:40:44 pm

Hi all,
I finished the fist pass of a TV commercial I've been working on and in the 1st 15 seconds there are a series of jpg still images that I added motion to by key-framing the size and position parameter of each of them.

Now, in a 2nd pass, to desaturate all of these images, I placed an adjustment layer above them and applied a desaturation preset to this adjustment layer.

Unfortunately, the images below no longer move. Can anyone help me understand what's going on? I'm assuming that somehow the adjustment layer's motion parameters are overriding the motion parameters of the layers below and I've tried disabling the motion parameter on the adjustment layer but it doesn't seem to help. I've also noticed that I can 'nest' my images layer and that keeps the motion but this is not ideal for me as I often need to make subtle tweaks to the moment.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!
Rob

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Keyframed motion on jpg beneath adjustment layer not working??
on Feb 19, 2020 at 6:41:16 pm

Have you tried nesting the clip with motion?

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Rob Combs
on Feb 19, 2020 at 8:01:28 pm

Hi Vince, thanks!

I'd mentioned my awareness of the 'nesting method' in my post. I was just wondering if there was a better way. It seems weird to me that an adjustment layer would have dominance over the moment of lower layers in the first place. I don't think they work that way in "After Effects".

The 'nesting method' is a problem for me because I typically do a bit of fine-tune tweaking before my final delivery and burrowing down into nest is a bit of an impediment as my adjustments are a bit blind at that level.

Rob

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Feb 19, 2020 at 8:13:20 pm

Let me change you mind about nesting:-)

Watch t'il the end! You will no longer be blind.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]