ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Archiving 6K BRAW project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus Stone
Archiving 6K BRAW project
on Feb 14, 2020 at 3:54:15 am

Is there a way to get the project manager to just take the bits of the clips actually used in the composition with handles? I don't think it's working like it should - maybe because of the BRAW?

At the moment project manager just copies entire clips from long interview takes across in their entirety.

I've set it for individual clips, and to exclude unused clips. I've messed around with a test project, and no matter what I try, the 'Archive' version of the project is actually bigger than the real project, so what's the point? It matters not if the files are transcoded to DNxHD, Goprocineform, or H264.

Makes it kind of hard to archive a project. I think there are frame size limits to those file formats anyway - maybe that's the issue - but then what do I do?

Only workaround I can think of is to Transcode all the BRAW files into another format then relink everything. But then whatever file format I transcode to has to have the bit depth and resolution of BRaw for all the FX and grading to work.

I'd be happy to archive the project with the reframing and scaling I did in post to be baked into 1080p files, but I can't think how you do that.

Render and Replace gives bad results either way. If the original clip was 'Scaled to frame size', you're losing resolution. If it was 'set to frame size' the clip gets replaced with a clip that respects the position, but ignores the scaling. So, if for example you've punched in from a mid to a closeup, the frame just shifts way down so there is a little head at the bottom and a huge black space above.

I'm scratchin' my little head here.

Thanks, oh brainy ones, may your edit suites all come with minibars.

Markus

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
Re: Archiving 6K BRAW project
on Feb 16, 2020 at 5:19:12 am

Hi,
Are you using BRAW Studio or Blackmagic Design Adobe plugin ?

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

Markus Stone
on Feb 16, 2020 at 6:18:19 am

Thanks for the reply Antoine - I've got both, but I recently uninstalled the Autokroma plugin as a troubleshooting measure.

Cheers
Markus

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 16, 2020 at 5:30:43 pm

Project manager doesn't work very well. With hard drives and cloud storage being cheap you'd be better served just backing up the original media.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
on Feb 17, 2020 at 4:28:56 am

We might implement this feature later on in BRAW Studio but for now yes Project Manager will copy everything even the parts you don't need :/

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]