ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Ppro 2020 Performance ??

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Herb Sevush
Ppro 2020 Performance ??
on Jan 9, 2020 at 8:13:35 pm

A few weeks ago I upgraded to the latest cloud files, PPro, Audition, AE, Photoshop ...
On a 2013 MacPro running Catalina. Performance on Ppro was buggy, and slow. Then I lost all ability to send clips From Ppro to Audition (dynamic link to AE was still working fine.) After spending worthless 3 hours with an on-line Adobe tech I just used my Mojave drive clone and reinstalled my boot drive and went back to Ppro 2019. Everything was working smoothly. However I had several projects underway in Ppro 2020 so I reinstalled (without deleting 2019 Apps) and now with Ppro 2020 my dynamic link with Audition works again, however I still find timeline performance very slow and buggy. I would stick with CC 2019 apps but I'm part of a team that has decided to move on to CC 2020.

Just wondering what other editors experience has been with both Catalina and CC 2020 apps.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Ppro 2020 Performance ??
on Jan 10, 2020 at 7:30:11 pm

I haven't seen much of a performance difference. I had jumped to Adobe 2020 prior to going to Catalina. So far, so good. I do a mix of ProRes UHD (Blackmagic Ursa Mini), h264 UHD (Phantom 4 and Osmo), and 1080 (various codecs) in 1080p timelines. h264 UHD can be choppy - especially from Phantom 4, but that's to be expected. All video is run off a Facilis Terrablock shared with one other user.
When I first went to 2020 in Mojave, I did have some weird lines in my program monitor in PPro on my second display.
After Catalina, occasionally PS will not show window properly when making a new document - but I double-click window and it shows up. That's about the worst thing thus far. Fingers crossed... ☺
TC

Return to posts index

Chris Gomersall
on Feb 26, 2020 at 11:21:17 pm

Catalina and the New Adobe CC still are not playing nice %100 of the time. I downgraded to Mojave and everything is right in the world.

Kindest regards,
Chris Gomersall
gomersall.chris@gmail.com
be.net/chrisgomersall

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jan 10, 2020 at 8:52:29 pm

[Herb Sevush] "Just wondering what other editors experience has been with both Catalina and CC 2020 apps."

Thanks for the heads up.
We were about to move a few D700s to that spec.
Guess we will wait.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]