ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Rendering question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Neil
Rendering question
on Dec 3, 2019 at 8:14:07 pm

I have a client that needs several TV shows with the requested specs. Sounds like they're accustomed to working with Macs/FCP.

I can't find the corresponding presets when I go to render, and was hopinng to find some help here. The specs from the client are below.

Thanks in advance!

HD specs:

QuickTime file (.mov)

H.264 codec at 100% quality

15 to 45 Mbps (CBR)

16:9 aspect ratio

1920x1080 at 29.97fps

48kHz Mpeg1 L2 or LPCM.

Progressive or Bottom Field First interlaced

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Rendering question
on Dec 3, 2019 at 8:23:11 pm

It's odd that the specs call for Bottom Field Interlaced. That normally used for Standard Def 4x3.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 3, 2019 at 9:50:07 pm

Media Encoder has all those settings available. You don't RENDER it...you EXPORT MOVIE and in Media Encoder, set those settings.

But is your footage interlaced? Because Jerry's right, bottom field interlacing is SD, top field interlacing is HD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 4, 2019 at 4:13:02 pm

I believe that h264 in a QT is no longer available. That was one of the things we lost a while ago. Send it as an h264 MP4. Definitely do Progressive, unless you've shot and edited interlaced. Definitley do 29.97 fps.
I know our station uses Flip Factory to convert files sent in to us to our master air files. It does not like certain things - frame rates other than 29.97 and h264 in a QT wrapper. And you would not believe how many commercials get sent in at 23.98 or 24 fps. Glad someone is looking at specs before sending in for broadcast! ☺
TC

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 4, 2019 at 7:27:01 pm

[Todd Perchert] "I believe that h264 in a QT is no longer available. That was one of the things we lost a while ago."

Nope...still encode to that in Compressor as well as Media Encoder. Apple threw out a lot of LEGACY codecs....H.264 is still very much in use today.

[Todd Perchert] "Send it as an h264 MP4."

Don't. They want MOV, send MOV. You can still encode H.264 as MOV.

But the rest of the advice is sound. IF your project is 23.98, you'll have to convert it to 29.97. The BEST way, however, is to add pulldown, delivering a 29.97 interlaced file. 23.98 progressive to 29.97 progressive repeats 6 frames a second, and can look stuttery.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 4, 2019 at 10:49:28 pm

[Shane Ross] "Nope...still encode to that in Compressor as well as Media Encoder. Apple threw out a lot of LEGACY codecs....H.264 is still very much in use today."

Really? My AME v14.0 on Mac does not have h264 under QuickTime. If I recall, my 13.1.5 version didn't either. How current are you running?

I do mp4 now if they ask for h264, otherwise I just send ProResHQ.
TC

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 4, 2019 at 10:57:08 pm

h264 not on the Adobe supported Exports list for QuickTime. This has been out for awhile.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 4, 2019 at 11:58:03 pm

Odd...I still have it. Guess because I don't have the LATEST version is the reason for that...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 5, 2019 at 3:14:00 pm

HA! You must be a couple versions back. What happened to Dave LaRonde? He'd be berating me for having the latest version. LOL!

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Dec 7, 2019 at 10:00:48 pm

Seems he left the Cow.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]