ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Create a bank of colour corrections for different cameras

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
Create a bank of colour corrections for different cameras
on Dec 3, 2019 at 11:45:12 am

Hi
Im doing a multicam edit (with 5 cameras.)
When i do this in AVID i have a bank of stored corrections for each camera which i can apply to each clip as needed from the 8 x cc buttons.
Is there something similar in PP that ive not found. Im having to adjust each manually currently?
Hope someone can help on this?

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Create a bank of colour corrections for different cameras
on Dec 3, 2019 at 5:31:31 pm

One very efficient way to color correct is to adjust your lumetri color settings for the first clip of the first camera angle, then save that color setting as an effect preset. To apply this preset to the rest of your clips from that camera go to the bin and highlight all of the rest of the clips and then drag the preset effect that you've just created onto those clips. The color effect will then be applied to all. Repeat these steps for each additional camera angle.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 3, 2019 at 6:50:55 pm

Hi- that’s good to know but
I can’t see that working on this timeline
The lighting colours and levels change a lot and second by second across all cameras.
I need to be able to store a number of presets and they need to be accessible on the click of a button mapped to the keyboard ideally.

Nothing like that?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Dec 4, 2019 at 3:21:28 pm

There are no shortcut keys to do this, however, you can store as many lumetri presets as you want and you could name them as you wish, put them in a "favorites" effects bin, keep that bin permanently open and then you would merely have to drag the specific preset onto whatever clip you are working on. Not quite as elegant as a shortcut key, but still a timesaver.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Daniel Fletcher
on Dec 4, 2019 at 9:39:10 pm

I would try making all of the presets as you edit and address the variety of lighting conditions. Label them accurately. Then you can apply them ALL to the master section of a random clip and DISABLE all of them; by clicking the little "FX" icon on the individual Lumitri effects. Now copy this group of disabled effects to all of the footage that still needs to be cut and as you are cutting flick them on as needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]