ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trim Screen appears when using Extend Select Edit to Playhead Shortcut

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Zerger
Trim Screen appears when using Extend Select Edit to Playhead Shortcut
on Nov 28, 2019 at 12:09:34 am

Hi All,

Part of my workflow in Premiere is extending clips to my playhead using E as the default shortcut when I'm just playing through my timeline.
It's great, I love it and I've been using this shortcut like that for years.

Recently there has been an addition to me using this shortcut, that I am not exactly thrilled about: my Program Window changes to a split screen (I think it's the trim window) and if I am playing back the clip as I use the shortcut (which I often do), it will stop the playback dead in it's tracks until I click somewhere on my timeline, in which case the Program window snaps back into composite view.

It is extremely irritating and I have been through my keyboard shortcuts and settings multiple times, but can't see anything out of the ordinary.
Additionally, I seem to be the only one in the office experiencing this issue.
I even checked the keyboard settings of my co-workers, but everything is normal for them.

I uninstalled and re-installed Premiere, reset all my setting to default, but nothing seems to work. I've added a screenshot of what appears in my Program Screen when I use my shortcut.

If anyone knows how to fix it or what I have overlooked, and can help me, I would be eternally grateful!
Thanks!
Jon

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Trim Screen appears when using Extend Select Edit to Playhead Shortcut
on Nov 28, 2019 at 2:33:05 pm

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jonathan Zerger
Re: Trim Screen appears when using Extend Select Edit to Playhead Shortcut
on Nov 28, 2019 at 11:46:22 pm

That is actually enabled.

I did the old "turn it off and turn it on again" just now, but the issue remains.

Thanks though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]