ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Timeline Zooming Functionality Question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Carlos Pascual
Timeline Zooming Functionality Question
on Nov 27, 2019 at 12:52:03 am

Hello friends! New user here, from Spain, so forgive me If I make a some grammatical errors.
I have a weird question and I think this is the perfect place to ask.
I edited video some time ago for my Youtube channel, using Premiere CS6 and got used to its workflow and stuff.
Now with the new version there's something that annoys the hell out of me and I was wondering if it can be turned off or make it work like in previous versions.

Zooming at the timeline. Not a zoom effect in the video, but zooming at the timeline to make a precise cut in a specific part or clip. In old version zoom used to work on the entire sequence but now everytime I try to do it when I work I just make the tracks taller by mistake and it annoys me a lot. Can this feature be deactivated or make it work like before? I have no use for making a video or audio track taller in my line of work, and it gets in the middle of my concentration all the time.

I appreciate any advice of help that you could give me, thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Timeline Zooming Functionality Question
on Nov 27, 2019 at 11:20:50 am

With default keyboard settings, the plus (+) and minus (-) keys zoom in and out.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Juan Carlos Pascual
on Nov 27, 2019 at 12:48:41 pm

Thanks Ricky, but I wasn't asking for hotkeys for zooming, but how to disable the individual track zoom and leave only the entire timeline sequence zoom.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Nov 27, 2019 at 3:27:53 pm

To make tracks larger/smaller, I usually have to hold either Shift or Option on my Mac.
To zoom in on timeline I have to go down to the scroll bar at the bottom of the timeline window, then I can use the mouse to zoom in/out. But typically I use + - and \ for doing that - using default keyboard layout on Mac.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]