ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Spreadsheet into Subclips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Spreadsheet into Subclips?
on Nov 25, 2019 at 2:23:17 pm

I generally have to create lots of subclips, which in Premiere is a bit exhausting. Back in the 'Tape Days', I enjoyed the batch import capability, but is there any similar method to do so with card files? I'd love to be able to put my in and outs on a spreadsheet and import the data to automatically created subclips.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Spreadsheet into Subclips?
on Nov 25, 2019 at 7:56:18 pm

If you're up for changing up your approach, you might want to look into using the pancake method of editing instead of sub-clipping.

The pancake method is a very efficient way of having easy access to the best material from your raw footage but it doesn't require you to actually take the time to create any subclips.

There's a lot of pancake editing tutorials so here's just one example:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 25, 2019 at 11:48:48 pm

I already use the pancake timeline...even have a Workspace set up for it.

No, this involves my producer/wife, who likes to sit with her tablet writing down in/out times for clips as she watches window burns on her 'other' tablet. I then create subclips from that list. I have actually been able to teach her how to place the subclips on a timeline and move them around, but I have to stay nearby because she inevitably will forget how to close a gap or insert a clip...bless her heart. Southerners will get that.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Joseph Eli Portell
on Dec 9, 2019 at 9:43:08 pm

Hey there, you can achieve exactly this through scripting Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]