ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How do I modify i/o points in the source panel WITHOUT it affecting the Timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tyler browner
How do I modify i/o points in the source panel WITHOUT it affecting the Timeline?
on Nov 22, 2019 at 9:18:38 pm

Hey! When I double clip a clip in the Timeline it shows the source in the source panel. I can then set new i/o points, but it changes the i/o points of the clip in the Timeline. I don't want to do this.

Is there a short cut where I can select a clip in the Timeline, and then see the original media appear in my source monitor? Essentially, I should then be able to modify the original media, set new i/o points, and drag that into the Timeline without affecting the clip that's already there. There are a lot of cases where multiple takes exist in one clip, and I want to quickly jump back to that clip in my source monitor (using the clip in the Timeline instead of going trough all of my bins), and pull a different section of that clip into the Timeline. I have done this before, but I can't remember how I did it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: How do I modify i/o points in the source panel WITHOUT it affecting the Timeline?
on Nov 22, 2019 at 11:17:26 pm

Place cti over clip in timeline and hit F.
This will open the source clip.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

tyler browner
Re: How do I modify i/o points in the source panel WITHOUT it affecting the Timeline?
on Nov 22, 2019 at 11:20:41 pm

THANK YOU! That was the shortcut I was forgetting. I kept thinking it was Command + F, but that was just bringing up a search. Problem solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]