ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Backward proxy connection

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jodi Binstock
Backward proxy connection
on Nov 22, 2019 at 3:10:24 am

Hi there. Fairly new to premiere pro, and am editing a multicam sequence of an hour long show with 7 cameras. It was completely sluggish so I did tutorials on how to create proxies, (must have skipped a step) and created proxies with the 1024x540 Apple ProRes 422 Proxy setting in Encoder. Took a day and a half to create them but eventually they worked well and I cut about 15 minutes of the show.

Now I want to re-connect the original files and cannot figure out how to do that. I just watched a tutorial and realize I likely set up the project wrong in the first place but now I don't want to lose my work.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Jodi

Working on Premier Pro 14.0.0 on a Mac using Mojave 10.14.6

Thanks.

Jodi

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Backward proxy connection
on Nov 22, 2019 at 7:13:51 pm

Before opening your Premiere project, add an "x" to the name of your proxy folder. Open your Premiere project, all of your media will be offline. Relink to the originals.

Then after all media is relinked, highlight all of your clips in a bin and control click and select "attach proxies." Steer to your proxy folder and Premiere will attach all of the proxies if you created them correctly - all proxies MUST have the same audio channel configuration as your original media.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]