ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Missing Premiere Project file and its' Auto Save files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joanne Brak
Missing Premiere Project file and its' Auto Save files
on Nov 21, 2019 at 6:52:23 pm

I was working on an older Mac OS 10.9.5, Premiere CC 2015.4 but recently moved to a more current PC with latest Premiere versions etc.

I had backed up only my Premiere Project files to a drive, by copying them from the Mac to a a shared drive (SAN) to then copy them to my PC to start using/updating etc. Assets are on a shared server so I didn't need to move those.

There's one specific project (lets call it Project X) I need that I had last accessed on the Mac 10/30/19. I have not edited anything else on the Mac since 10/30. I thought it was with the batch of Premiere project files I copied over but when I recently checked because I had to refer to something in Project X, I realized it wasn't in the same folder with other Project Files. So I go to the Mac computer to find and copy it over to the shared drive etc to then bring into PC.

However I cannot find Project X. Not a trace except for one media cache file. I searched the title of it on my Mac, it's not in the recently opened projects list when I open Premiere . The Premiere Project Auto-Save files that were created once I started Project X are now gone. But the auto save files for other projects (especially ones I had worked on around the same time as Project X) are still intact on the Mac .

How could this happen? How can I only find the media cache file for this project but not the actual project file and it's auto save files? I had no reason to move or cut or delete anything off the Mac. Everything I did when backing was "copied" to another drive.

Ultimately if I cannot figure this out and find it, I have to rebuild Project X from scratch which is a pain.

Any insight or tips are appreciated - thank you.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Missing Premiere Project file and its' Auto Save files
on Nov 21, 2019 at 8:48:35 pm

Try installing the EasyFind app from the Apple Store, it’s free. It has quite a few options for searching. It will let you search packages and invisibles so hopefully it can find this project or something related to it that helps you.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]