ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Underwater Color correction

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georges Mattar
Underwater Color correction
on Nov 14, 2019 at 1:57:41 pm

Hello,

looking forward to fix some gopro footage that I took without using the red filter. can you tell me what is the best way to do that using AE or Premiere, attached you can find a sample from the videos I have(the colors of the fins are blue and the swimwear orange).

sharm.jpg

thanks in advance ☺

P.S: I checked many threads from this forum already but none of them worked for me.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Underwater Color correction
on Nov 14, 2019 at 11:20:07 pm

The answer: you can't. GoPro footage doesn't contain enough color information to make the kind of changes that you need to make in order to fix this footage in post. With the highly compressed codecs they use, it is absolutely imperative to get it right in-camera.

I worked in the underwater camera housing business for five years, and have shot a ton of underwater footage. Even if this had been shot in RAW, you would be hard pressed to fix it. This time, you're going to have to chalk it up to experience.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 15, 2019 at 5:09:28 am

you need specialized color software to reduce the chroma without mixing the colors. luckily grossgrade is free

grossgrade project and premiere compatible underwater lut
https://f1.creativecow.net/13899/grossgrade-project-and-lut?uploaded=file

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
on Nov 24, 2019 at 9:56:23 pm

You can try to make close objects look "real" (with colors like we see in the air) but farther away it'll still be "underwater". You'll need more advanced algorithms that finds 3D Depth to color correct the whole image

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

Daniel Fletcher
on Dec 4, 2019 at 9:27:53 pm

probably not the answer you are looking for but maybe make it black and white and just go for an artistic look?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]