ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting stems to 8 xdcam audio tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eman kayker
Exporting stems to 8 xdcam audio tracks
on Oct 31, 2019 at 4:25:09 pm

Hi all
I need to export international versions of tv programmes in xdcam 8 tracks with separate audio stems:
1-2 mixed programme
3 direct voice
4 voice over
5-6 music
7-8 sfx

How do we route signal in adobe elsewhere than L R? couldn't get submixes to do that
thanks
cheers from Geneva

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting stems to 8 xdcam audio tracks
on Oct 31, 2019 at 5:08:05 pm

SO you aren't having the audio mixed by a separate audio professional? Doing this yourself? I typically have the audio professional do the mix and provide the stems that I then put on the timeline in the proper order. If you don't have a mixer, then you'll need to make them yourself. This is one reason that I keep specific track assignments, so only INTV is on certain tracks, SOT on others, SFX on others, MUS on others, and then VO. This way, I can simply turn off tracks and export stems that are only MUS, or only VO, or MUS and SFX. Then reimport the separate stems

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

eman kayker
on Nov 1, 2019 at 8:40:23 am

Hi Shane,
Thanks for your reply.
I am actually a sound engineer and there is no problem producing the stems but what you describe is exactly my concern.
I want to lay down my 8 stems in a project and assign each individual tracks 1 through 8 to the corresponding xdcam output file, track 1 to file track 1, 2 to file track 2, 3 to file track 3 and so on.
The issue I have now is that all 8 tracks in the session go to files tracks 1 and 2 as a stereo mixdown.
Best regards

Return to posts index

eman kayker
on Nov 1, 2019 at 10:44:44 am

got it...
create new seq with multichannel preset, track type 'adaptive'

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 2, 2019 at 12:20:43 am

Ah, sorry that I didn't know your level of expertise. Makes what I said seem a tad condescending. Not my intention.

I see that you figured it out though...jolly good show!

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]