ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro crashes at startup. None of the usual fixes work.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arvid Cristina
Premiere pro crashes at startup. None of the usual fixes work.
on Oct 28, 2019 at 11:37:13 pm

Heya folks,
Premiere just started crashing on me. The first time was in the middle of a project. But when I reopened, it wouldn't even get past startup. I've reset preferences, mades sure my adobe folders are read&write enabled, uninstalling, reinstalling, opening in an earlier version, opening in a later version, nothing has worked. It doesn't seem to matter which project I'm on, or what kind of media. It was working fine for the last month while I was working on this project. Anybody experience this before? Know the fix? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I did see a little red window pop up in the bottom right of the screen that said something like "A low level exception ocured with scopes" but it wasn't on long enough for me to read it.
When the initial error occurred I was applying some LUTS that I had downloaded. But since then I've deleted those LUTS, and still it crashes.
Running Premiere Pro 13.1.4 on Mojave 10.14.1 on a mid 2015 Macbook Pro (Retina).
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jim Curtis
Re: Premiere pro crashes at startup. None of the usual fixes work.
on Oct 31, 2019 at 5:01:18 pm

Yes, it has happened to me. Working fine, then not working can point to something you installed or changed around the time it stopped working.

I see you're on 10.14.1. I NEVER upgrade to any OSX until it's 10.x.5 or greater. Maybe roll back to High Sierra 10.13.6.

Good luck.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro 5,1; 6-core 3.46 GHz; 128 GB DDR3 RAM all the same brand; 10.13.6; QT 7.6.6; Primary display: 4K HP Dreamcolor; secondary: 24" HP DreamColor; Nvidia TITAN X GPU; ATTO R680 RAID5 16TB; ATTO H680 HBA for HP LTO5 tape; USB3 PCIe card; latest drivers all around

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]