Premiere Pro dropping frames

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignas Diliunas
Premiere Pro dropping frames
on Oct 27, 2019 at 7:05:23 pm
Last Edited By Ignas Diliunas on Oct 27, 2019 at 8:26:43 pm

Hey!
I bought new PC and was expecting to work with 4K footage just fine without creating proxies, but I have been facing with Premiere Pro dropping frames (I am attaching video example of it, where you also can see performance of my PC -

PC specifications:
Intel Core i7-9700k, CPU 3.60Ghz, 8 cores,
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 4GB,
32GB of ram,
Z370m Mortar (motherboard),
Windows 10,
Footage, media cache and scratch files are located on Samsung 970 EVO 1tb drive,
OS and Adobe Premiere is located on Samsung mzvlb256hahq-00000 256gb drive.

All drivers are up to date, currently using latest Adobe Premiere version, tried downgrading it, didn't helped.
Mercury playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) is enabled,
sequence settings - AVCHD 1080p square pixel, 25 fps (droped frames also appears if I am working with sequence created from clips).

I am working with Sony A7III 4K files (mp4), 25fps., no effects, color correction added,
I know that these mp4 compressed files are huge load for Premiere, but I was hoping to deal with them without any problems even without creating proxies.

So, Is my PC reaching it's limits and expectations to work with 4K files without creating proxies was too big?

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Premiere Pro dropping frames
on Oct 28, 2019 at 10:30:05 am

What you're experiencing is not unusual. 4K places high data demands, and you have a single drive (even though it is an SSD), presumably on an internal 6GB SATA buss.

For 4K to play natively, you will still likely be looking at a RAID array. I imagine others will chime in with more specifics to help out.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 28, 2019 at 3:06:32 pm

It's misleading to ask if your system can handle 4k media because your 4k media is H264.

Virtually no system can smoothly work with 4k H264 media. Transcode that 4k media to an edit friendly codec like Cineform and you'll have perfectly smooth playback.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 28, 2019 at 6:10:45 pm

Sony A7 files will provide horrible playback performance on all systems. It's NOT an edit-friendly codec. Transcode.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]