ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Calibrating AP with TV

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Akkers
Calibrating AP with TV
on Oct 23, 2019 at 1:51:36 pm

I run Premiere Pro on a Windows workstation with a Dell calibrated screen. When I edit videos they look fine but when I play them on TV they tend to be tad darker. So I have to edit the videos that much brighter which look over-exposed on computer screen but ok on TV.
Is there a way to set AP so that it matches or even gets near to the TV brightness, without me having to change the computer screen settings which would break the screen calibration?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Calibrating AP with TV
on Oct 23, 2019 at 3:35:07 pm

adobe premiere is rec. 709 2.4 gamma 100 nits unless you're doing HDR(which needs a special box) Your TV will need to be calibrated the same as premiere to match.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 23, 2019 at 7:34:34 pm

You'll need an IO box (BlackMagic Intensity Pro or similar) to then send a signal out to a calibrated HDTV. Web specs and TV specs are different. OR, as mentioned, you can see if you can set your monitor to Rec 709. But I rely on IO devices and external TVs/Broadcast monitors for proper TV color.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Harry Akkers
on Oct 27, 2019 at 4:42:46 pm

Thanks guys.
Yes but is there a setting in Premiere pro which allows me turn up the brightness slightly without having to mess up the moniter calibration?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Oct 30, 2019 at 5:38:37 am

Premiere sends out two signals, 100 nits with HDR off and 1,000 nits with HDR on. There's no in-between. If you want to use an adjustment layer over your whole timeline, that's up to you. If you want to go brighter than 100 nits, you'll need a hardware box to 'see it'. I guess it does't matter how dark you'd want to make as long as you turned off the adjustment layer before exporting. That's the old psuedo EXR color correcting they used to do in the 2009's before ACES. And, uh, well Premiere still doesn't support ACES, lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]