ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Import issue of Apple Prores 4444 into Premiere Pro CC 13.1.4

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Import issue of Apple Prores 4444 into Premiere Pro CC 13.1.4
on Sep 3, 2019 at 8:23:53 pm

Hi all!

I am having issues importing footage into Premiere Pro CC 13.1.4 Build 2 (2019 edition), on a Mac Pro (OS Mojave) operating system. The footage is formated as Apple Prores 4444 (2048 x 1152 and also 1920X 1080) mov. None of them seem to be recognized by Premiere. I could import it though on the previous version of PREMIERE...
Now I have to convert each movie in QuickTime Player, which is an extra step, super time consuming as this is a film and we have hundreds of imports to do.

Is anybody having this issue? I found online many issues with exports, but not imports...wondering if there is anything I can do or it's a bug? I can import anything else but the Apple Prores 4444, which is the format we are working with.
Anyway, any ideas are welcome!
Thank you,
Esther.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Import issue of Apple Prores 4444 into Premiere Pro CC 13.1.4
on Sep 4, 2019 at 5:39:05 pm

From where did the ProRes4444 file come from?
I just did a test with a file exported from AE in that format.
The same OS and Premiere but 13.1.4 build 2.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Sep 4, 2019 at 9:08:00 pm

Hi Eric! thanks for the fast reply!

I get all these files from animators that work in Toon Boom Harmony or TVPaint, by default they export it to Prores 4444 . I did not have a problem with the previous version of premiere by the way, with the exact same files, only after I upgraded to Premiere but 13.1.4 build 2 in OS Mojave. Where do you get yours?

No idea what else to do besides converting before importing, which is a total waste of time having thousands of clips to import...It looks like a bug on my system? I can't find it online...

So frustrating, thank you!

Return to posts index

John Williams
on Sep 5, 2019 at 9:49:57 am

If it is a bug on your system and until that's resolved you need to convert the files, could I recommend you use the Media Encoder. If you set up a Watch Folder, then every file that gets put in there will be converted using the format you specify. SO you can have your animators render/move their ProRes Files into that folder and they'll get converted and put where you specify without you needing to do anything.

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Sep 8, 2019 at 6:53:53 pm

John , thanks for your suggestion. After having done more research creating the watch folder for now is the only solution I have, it seems that the latest operating system in Mac is creating that bug into premiere cc, at least I didn't find anything else.

I never created a watch folder in Encoder before so now I will have to do a search for that, this is a never ending process, of course it always is!

Anyway, thanks for everyone's suggestions and your time!
Esther.

Return to posts index

Chad Sherman
on Sep 5, 2019 at 4:32:11 pm

I am having the same issue with both Premiere and After Effects, CC2019 and CC2018. I am able to import and convert the Prores4444 file with CC2017. The problem Prores4444 file was created out of house more than two years ago. I have no problem with Prores4444 files created in house with CC2019. I am using Mac OS High Sierra10.13.6

Chad Sherman

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 5, 2019 at 11:33:57 pm

I can see this being an issue with Mojave but if everyone is using High Sierra then the export app is the culprit.
Sorry, my experiences with Toonboom (or similar) I lean towards sequential files for better workflow.
I get to control sequence length and use frames as static if need.
You will need to use AME as earlier mentioned.
That or take a round in AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]