ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting for DVD, Stabilized footage is letter-boxed

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cam Covello
Exporting for DVD, Stabilized footage is letter-boxed
on Sep 3, 2019 at 8:38:44 am

I'm trying to export a 1080p sequence for DVD. For some reason, all the shots with warp stabilizer enabled are letter-boxed. When I disable warp stabilizer on a clip, it exports correctly. This only happens when exporting for DVD resolutions. What could be causing this?

https://imgur.com/a/4IlQvjZ

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Exporting for DVD, Stabilized footage is letter-boxed
on Sep 3, 2019 at 3:29:51 pm

I don't know why it's doing that, likely a combination of how stabilizer works combined with downscaling output, but try this - EXPORT just the stabilized clip part of the timeline at 1920x1080 using a good intermediate codec like ProRes or DNxHD or Cineform, then replace original clip in timeline with the new, stabilized clip . That will fix the problem.

Or export the entire video as 1920x1080 (assuming you might want an HD master for archiving??). Then export to DVD from that HD master clip.

A couple of things I noticed - source is showing as 29.97 but DVD export is 23.976, is that intentional?

Also, every HD camera I'm familiar with records 48K audio but your source timeline shows 44.1K audio.

Lastly, you can eliminate the narrow black bars commonly seen on HD to DVD exports by changing scaling at upper left to Scale to Fill.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Cam Covello
Re: Exporting for DVD, Stabilized footage is letter-boxed
on Sep 3, 2019 at 8:34:47 pm

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]