ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Why are some of my EDLs giving Timecode for the source file and some of them giving Frames???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Lucia
Why are some of my EDLs giving Timecode for the source file and some of them giving Frames???
on Aug 25, 2019 at 5:04:34 am
Last Edited By Nina Lucia on Aug 25, 2019 at 5:06:56 am

Premiere CC 2018 on a Mac

I'm making EDLs for vfx pulls and some are coming up with timecode for the camera file and some are coming up with frames.

I had a bg and fg for one shot and one gave me timecode and one gave me frames. So I duped the one that was correct, with timecode in the EDL and copied over the clip for the other one and made it from that and still it came up with frames.

Top EDL below is fine, bottom one is showing frames for the source file.

I also tried removing any effects on the shots and that didn't change anything either.

All shots were subclipped from the same full cut. So I guess it's not a sequence setting thing. Can't figure out why some are fine and some aren't. There's no option in the EDL setting for this, and I'm not changing the settings anyway, so that can't be it.

I'm searching for a setting somewhere but I don't think that's it since some are fine and most (of course!) are not. All the footage was shot on the same camera so I don't think it has to do with the source files. Unless there's something that could have been done on import or during syncing/merging clips. I inherited this project so I don't know how the consistency was in the prep.

Thanks for any input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]