ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to deal with many clips, create new sequence out of clips or possible to create ONE long clip and where is the audio for a sequence in the source???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
How to deal with many clips, create new sequence out of clips or possible to create ONE long clip and where is the audio for a sequence in the source???
on Aug 21, 2019 at 7:42:59 pm

Scenario: I am given 50 clips (clip 001-050), this is the footage I work with. What is the BEST way to work with it?
Now in Avid I would always toggle between record and edit (or what exactly is the name again of that green/yellow thing where you toggle between your time line/sequence and your footage) and I have ONE long sequence in chronological order with all my clips. How do I do this in Premiere?

My idea was: Create a new sequence and drop every clip in there. Worked like a charm BUT when I drag the new sequence in the source monitor and I say display audio only (because I need to see where people are talking and what not) all my 8 tracks are EMPTY. Premiere shows me nothing. Sure I can edit with it and if I clip a part and put it in my sequence there will be audio but like I've said Premiere does not show me the wave form which makes working with audio really hard and more of a guess game.
So what's the solution here? How do I tackle this?

I know I COULD render out my entire sequence but if you work with a daily dead line and your entire footage is 3 hours long this is NOT an option.

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: How to deal with many clips, create new sequence out of clips or possible to create ONE long clip and where is the audio for a sequence in the source???
on Aug 24, 2019 at 12:39:44 am

How are you making it show you the audio only?

Just under the picture in the source monitor there's a little video icon and a little audio icon. (above the scroll bar)
If you click on the audio one you'll see the audio tracks and waveforms in the source window. Now for some reason I can't really see waveforms and I've googled that and it seems to be an issue with Premiere that it doesn't show waveforms well. (I'm on cc 2018).

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: How to deal with many clips, create new sequence out of clips or possible to create ONE long clip and where is the audio for a sequence in the source???
on Aug 24, 2019 at 12:42:29 am

Hey maybe this "pancake editing" mode will help you!

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/1009960

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]