view timeline when sequence is loaded in Source Monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Howard Goldberg
view timeline when sequence is loaded in Source Monitor
on Aug 18, 2019 at 2:50:21 pm

Hi,
Premiere 17.1.2 11.1.2 (22) build

I'm new to premiere and would like to do something I often do in avid.
I'd like to be able to load a string-out sequence into the Source Monitor and then make selects from that sequence onto the sequence in the Program monitor, WHILE SEEING THE the timeline layout of the string-out in the Source Monitor. The reason I'd like the extra visual of the Sequence in the source monitor is that it would offer more flexibility in navigation to different parts of the sequence loaded in the source monitor. At the moment I am making my selects from the string out either by "copy pasting" which I find a bit cumbersome, or by editing from the stringout to a select sequence without the timeline visual from the sequence in the source monitor, which I find frustrating at times for source navigation reasons. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: view timeline when sequence is loaded in Source Monitor
on Aug 18, 2019 at 10:00:38 pm

I think you'd be well served to set yourself up in the Pancake editing mode. Open your string out timeline and then move it on top of your main timeline by grabbing the source timeline name tab and moving it down until you see a darkened horizontal bar across the top of your main timeline. You should now have your source timeline string out on top and your main timeline underneath it.

Scroll through your source timeline, add edit cuts to the shot you want to add to your main timeline and then drag that clip down to your main timeline. Make your source timeline settings the same as your main timeline so that when you drag the clip down to the main timeline the image fits into the new timeline without any need to resize.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Aug 19, 2019 at 2:45:40 pm
Last Edited By Todd Perchert on Aug 19, 2019 at 2:46:26 pm

Here's how to pancake eidt.

https://www.premierebro.com/premiere-in-post/everything-you-need-to-know-ab...

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Aug 21, 2019 at 9:43:32 pm

Right click on sequence in Project window: open in source monitor.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]