ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Computer tech specs suggestions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Pike
Computer tech specs suggestions
on Aug 16, 2019 at 10:30:38 pm

Greetings,

For my work I redact video using Premiere Pro. So basically I create masks using the mosaic effect and blur out faces and license plates, etc. Some of these videos are hours long and require many masks with many key frames on each mask. When I reach a certain level of keyframes/masks it slows Premiere Pro down significantly. I am trying to suggest my employer provide new computers but I am unsure what to suggest. I am not a tech wiz. What specs would be best to minimize the sluggishness when there are a lot of key frames on these videos? RAM? Processor?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Computer tech specs suggestions
on Aug 16, 2019 at 11:40:27 pm

You MIGHT want to look into Boris Continuum Complete...it comes with Mocha, and that will track a shape you draw, perfect for blurring. Something that would take me 2-3 hours to do, manual tracking, takes me...15 min? 20 min?

As for your tracking...why not render your blurs when done? Rendering them will then make PPRo reference that single render file, instead of gobbling resources to try to play back in RT.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Corey Pike
Re: Computer tech specs suggestions
on Sep 20, 2019 at 6:29:16 pm

[Shane Ross] "As for your tracking...why not render your blurs when done? Rendering them will then make PPRo reference that single render file, instead of gobbling resources to try to play back in RT."

I have tried rendering the project, but after rendering the process is still as slow as before the render. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]