ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Moving a project from Mac to PC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kat Gomez
Moving a project from Mac to PC
on Aug 12, 2019 at 12:25:22 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I have a PP project on an external disc, created on a Mac and, when moved to PP on a PC, the edits done on the timeline on Mac, are all over the place: the cuts are moved to different timecode. All the rest seems to be fine.

Has anyone had this issues and found a solution?

Thank you
Kat

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Moving a project from Mac to PC
on Aug 12, 2019 at 5:49:03 pm

I cross-platform all projects from shorts to features and have never experienced clips moving in the sequence.
The only thing I can think of is the reference point is mixed up but that would mean you changed the file names as well.
What are you using on the PC side to read the Mac drives?
Programs like Avid strength is cross-platform but that's caused you are forced to using their project structure.
PPro is soup to nuts for administration so you need to make sure your file/folder names are not being truncated due to the drive it resides on.
Has happened when files were saved on a FAT format drive but that's like CS3 days for me.

Return to posts index

John Williams
Re: Moving a project from Mac to PC
on Aug 13, 2019 at 8:39:44 am

This seems strange as PremPro on a Mac to PC and visa versa is often a straight forward process with only Render Files usually being lost.

If you provide a few more details that will help, ie; type of video and audio files, Mac O.S., have you done any transcoding or proxies?

To identify if it's purely a Mac to PC issue could you try going from one Mac to another Mac to identify if it's a project structure issue.

If you're in a hurry and don't have time to run tests then Project Manage your timeline and Collect all files and copy to a new location.

Best, John W.

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]