ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

More actual transition effects for Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Clegg
More actual transition effects for Premiere Pro
on Aug 8, 2019 at 6:48:57 pm

Does anyone know where to get more actual transitions for premiere pro that are not presets or template? The ones that clip to the ends of footage, not layering on top. Or am I just stuck with the basic ones it comes with?

I contacted the man who created the transitions I was using everyday in FCP7 and he informed me that:
"All the nice functions are not available for 3rd party developers: no GUI and no realtime preview. That means, when I like to program effects, I have to develop everything twice, for Windows and OSX, because of the different interface APIs. And then I have to develop a complete app, which takes the input videos, shows the GUI and shows the resulting output video."

Is this why switching from FCP7 to Premiere Pro CC seems like a step down for the custom photo montages I create? I think it's ridiculous how much more time and keyframes it takes to create an effect that was drag and drop in FCP7. There's not even a basic zoom transition.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: More actual transition effects for Premiere Pro
on Aug 8, 2019 at 7:26:55 pm

Check out Photodex Pro Show Gold software, if you want to do fancy slide shows. Much faster than using an NLE, mostly automated yet you can go back and make edits, but most of the work done for you.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Eric Clegg
on Aug 8, 2019 at 7:45:13 pm

We need to use a NLE because we create projects that not only include musically timed photos that require a lot of detailed editing (the FCP7 transitions helped cut down the time to make all those edits), but greenscreen, motion tracking, animation, etc. I'm holding onto FCP7 for now and hoping I can find a way to use Premiere or maybe even FCPX (but the last time I tried it, their transitions were a mess too. At least Premiere links well with After Effects).

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Aug 8, 2019 at 11:07:01 pm

My favorites are the packages from FilmImpact.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Eric Clegg
on Aug 9, 2019 at 2:26:31 am

I looked through these and they are capable of so much and most of what I was doing in FCP7! I have hope for a Premiere Pro workflow. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]