ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere CS6 Licensing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alvin Lowery
Adobe Premiere CS6 Licensing
on Aug 2, 2019 at 10:16:43 pm

If I buy Adobe Premiere CS 6 from someone and installed on my computer, will it still run with the new subscription plans they have without going to a subscription?

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Adobe Premiere CS6 Licensing
on Aug 3, 2019 at 11:40:32 am

CS6 isn't supported any longer by Adobe; you're on your own.

Even some of the subscription CC versions are EOL now, and no longer available for download. I believe it has to do, in part, with licensing of various code and technologies incorporated into older versions.

As far as I know, you can still install and use CS6 with a valid product key, but that's all you get. I imagine someone else may speak up with additional information.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Aug 5, 2019 at 2:10:54 pm

I don't even understand the question, "can I run with subscription without the subscription". What?

Return to posts index

Alvin Lowery
on Aug 5, 2019 at 6:21:27 pm

I will try to clear my first post up. Adobe CS6 was I buy it and own it forever, never pay again. The newer Adobe versions you have to pay month by month or it is deactivated. So did Adobe stopped earlier versions like CS6 from running on customers computers if they did not upgrade to the subscription based model plan?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Aug 5, 2019 at 6:25:20 pm

Thank you for the clarification. A perpetual license is a perpetual license, it does not change to a subscription license at any time.

That said, if you got this CS6 license second-hand, you could have issues getting the software activated to use it on your machine, under your name. Might need to contact Adobe Support then if you encounter issues.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Aug 5, 2019 at 6:28:40 pm

Not sure how the license key process works, but it may be an inhibiting factor in installing CS6. Even if you have a valid license key, if that process reaches out to Adobe for validation, they may be able to detect that you're trying to install a version they've de-authorized, and thus prevent the installation from continuing. Can't hurt to try.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas - Birmingham, AL

iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
G-Speed Studio TB-2 12TB RAID-5

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 8, 2019 at 4:03:03 pm

From what I have found out, having bought a CS6 Master Collection (pre-owned) several years ago; before you buy, you had better find out whether the software had been registered with Adobe. If that is the case, then a license transfer must be agreed upon by the seller, and then, if Adobe still supports this, you must register the "new" transferred ownership with them.

I am still running CS6 and have no problems whatsoever running side by side with Adobe Cloud software. So my caveat to you is, communicate with the seller, and get, via *bay, or other sales method, a guarantee from the seller that, should the software not be registerable with Adobe, you will get a refund. It's a case of buyer beware. Many sellers seem to think they can just keep the software running and registered on their computer, and sell the discs to make some extra change...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]