ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Where to find ADOBE PREMIERE 2017

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Crittenden
Where to find ADOBE PREMIERE 2017
on Jul 31, 2019 at 7:53:20 pm

Long story short. Editing a film. Had to sell computer and move. When I got new computer, went to reinstall 2017 on Creative Cloud, only to find it no longer exists there. Where can I find it?

Please don't tell me to upgrade to 2018 and reconnect data. With 8tb of data across 4 externals, I don't want to spend a month of my life on that.

Thanks... desperate in Pacoima!

IMAC LATE 2013 .
mac os 10.14.5

Andy

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Where to find ADOBE PREMIERE 2017
on Jul 31, 2019 at 8:44:45 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Jul 31, 2019 at 8:48:59 pm

They stopped providing access down due to third party licensing expiration.

There are still sites listing the previous trial downloads, then use your current login info or use the trial just to get that project saved to the latest version: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

*Looks like Premiere, in particular, has been taken down. I'm sure if you do a quick search, someone is hosting the trial version still.

BTW, why would have to relink all the files when using the latest version of Premiere?

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Jul 31, 2019 at 9:01:38 pm

Thanks for your message! I will try and do some research.

In answer to your question... Because that is how Premiere has it set up. A year ago, I upgraded to 2018. It did not link very many things up. So, I had to delete 2018 off my system, and reload 2017... Maybe I should give it another shot, since I don't have 2017. Good times.

Andy

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Aug 1, 2019 at 8:48:47 pm

Wow, has Adobe stopped supplying installations of all previous versions of Permiere or just 2017. It's getting more and more difficult to work with Premiere. What about related vintage software, like AME? I don't need 2017 -- still working with 2013 and 2014. Are these now hard to get? What are good, stable, versions of Premiere that are still available?
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Aug 1, 2019 at 10:05:01 pm

For this project, only 2017 will do. As far as your other question, I am giong to be looking in to Davinci Resolve for future projects. I could be wrong, but there seems to be a trend moving in that direction. Many of the keyboard commands and functionality appear to be similar to Premiere as well. And you can get a basic version for very cheap.

Andy

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Aug 2, 2019 at 4:43:49 pm

For this project, only 2017 will do. As far as your other question, I am giong to be looking in to Davinci Resolve for future projects.

Whatever works. But what's the difference between upgrading to the latest Premiere Pro and installing something you have less experience with? You'll have a learning curve to overcome anyway, and you may find that Resolve - while getting better with each version - still has its faults and quirks to work around. I also understand that speedy performance in Resolve is closely linked to your computer's GPU, so if you don't have a zippy GPU, you may find yourself frustrated.

Don't get me wrong - Resolve looks great. There's no better tool for color grading, and Fusion is an amazing tool (very different than After Effects). Just go into that kind of change with your head up.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas - Birmingham, AL

iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
G-Speed Studio TB-2 12TB RAID-5

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Aug 2, 2019 at 5:18:51 pm

Because the licensing excuse is absolutely BS. Frankly, it is a little bit criminal. In virtually all industries, the value of old technology diminishes greatly. Therefore, no one can convince me that the cost of "renewal" of 2017 is substantial. It has little value. Secondly, there is absolutely no reason that can't be negotiated upfront... for something like 10 years at the exact same price... see logic above. And thirdly, I am sick of what Adobe does with Photoshop. They continue to dis-improve it. The latest version is the worst they have ever had, and I have been using it for 20 years.

So the question is, after this bds with 2017, why in the hell would I want to contuinue supporting a company that clearly does not have the best interests of the end user in mind? In the editing space, Black Magic DaVinci is more progressive, and their coloring suite is light years ahead of premiere.

SO my question is, why would you stick with an old dog, when the opnly price is personal growth?

Andy

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Aug 2, 2019 at 4:32:59 pm

Robert, only 2019 and 2018 are available. Nothing prior to 2018 is available, due to a licensing issue from (conventional wisdom says) Dolby. The last version of each is probably the most stable, though people seem to attribute local problems to the stability of the software in general. But by this time in the version cycle, most stability bugs have been addressed.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas - Birmingham, AL

iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
G-Speed Studio TB-2 12TB RAID-5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]