ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to correct timing of the zoom transitions between clips when speed/duration is modified?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaime Penzellna
How to correct timing of the zoom transitions between clips when speed/duration is modified?
on Jul 30, 2019 at 10:29:22 pm

I notice that the use of these zoom transitions on clips with speed/duration increased (in my case, 200%), the zoom animation will start sooner in the same clip rather than during the transition into the new clip as it would normally if speed is set at 100%.

I've tested it and it works perfectly fine on clips without its speed/duration modified (default at 100%) as you can see on the first part compared to the second part with both clips set at 200% speed. I checked the Effect Controls in the Source Monitor, and notice there's nothing there before the zoom would supposedly start as you can see in the video clip attached. It would start zoomed in prematurely for a few seconds on the same clip, until it reaches a new clip.

How do you resolve this if I want to modify the speed but still keep the zoom transition effect to be in sync during the transition into the new clip? I was wondering if the preset itself has to be modified relative to its speed set in the clips, if so, how would that be done?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using Debrup's zoom transition presets from this youtube link:

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: How to correct timing of the zoom transitions between clips when speed/duration is modified?
on Jul 31, 2019 at 10:21:36 am

I would take the speed-modified clips and render them, then work with those renders so the speed mod is "baked-in".

Someone else may have a different answer; I would just do that and move on.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: How to correct timing of the zoom transitions between clips when speed/duration is modified?
on Jul 31, 2019 at 9:16:39 pm

You also can try nesting the speed-adjusted clip. Be sure to extend the head/tail through the duration of the transition.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas - Birmingham, AL

iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
G-Speed Studio TB-2 12TB RAID-5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]