ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio out of Sync AFTER adding audio clip to timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesuit Lewis
Audio out of Sync AFTER adding audio clip to timeline
on Jul 30, 2019 at 7:39:01 pm
Last Edited By Jesuit Lewis on Jul 30, 2019 at 8:49:45 pm

I don't post often, but this one is driving me nuts. Was wondering if someone had some experience or insight with it... I'm editing audio and picture fine, then I either add a new independent audio clip (for instance, music) to the timeline or import an audio clip (usually .AIF) and add to timeline and the entire sequence begins playing out of sync. It's as if the inclusion of a new clip now causes everything to play slightly delayed...the sequence itself is not out of sync, it is only playing back out of sync. I usually have to restart the whole program to get everything back to normal.

What's driving me nuts is that this was an issue I first encountered in CC2017, went away in CC2018 and is now back in CC2019! I've tried making changes in the Audio Hardware settings (increasing I/O Buffer size, changing the default output to an Aggregate Device instead of BlackMagic) but it doesn't seem to help. In my timeline, I'm usually using MXF audio/video files and for sound fx/music .AIF audio files.

Another oddity/potential clue is when I make ANY changes to the settings in Audio Hardware, the audio playback in timeline starts skipping and becomes stuttery, and I have to restart the program to get back to normal.

My system is iMac 5K, 4ghz i7, 48 gb memory, AMD Radeon running Mojave (issue occurred in previous OS versions)
I use the BlackMagic UltraStudio MiniMonitor for playback.

Any ideas???

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Audio out of Sync AFTER adding audio clip to timeline
on Jul 31, 2019 at 10:25:04 am

Can't speak to Mac specifically. But when I encountered this on PC's, a driver update usually resolved it.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jesuit Lewis
Re: Audio out of Sync AFTER adding audio clip to timeline
on Aug 8, 2019 at 9:00:48 pm

UPDATE: Just in case anyone also has this issue, I found some improvement in the Audio Hardware Preferences by changing the Default Input to "None" — by default it is set to whatever your computer has which for me on an iMac was "Built-In Microphone." Hopefully this helps somebody else!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]