podcasts

Markers Between Machines

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferran
Markers Between Machines
on Jul 2, 2019 at 3:15:20 pm
Last Edited By Charles Ferran on Jul 2, 2019 at 3:15:33 pm

I see this question asked a lot but haven't found any answers. We're in an office with 3 editors, we pass project files back and forth between each other and we rely heavily on markers for metadata. Whenever we pass a project file back and forth we lose the markers. (We're all on Macs)

I discovered on my own if I copy the actual video files the other editor is using and work off of them the marker data is intact. So the temp solution has been to copy the whole project back and forth to each other, and it's getting time consuming, and I feel dumber every time I do it! I've only seen Mac users complain about this so I wonder if it has something to do with the way macOS deals with metadata.

There 'must' be a way to preserve that metadata or at least an easier solution than what we've been doing. I see that I can export all the markers as a .csv .txt or .html, can I take one of those files somehow and reapply it to the project on my machine?

Any insights? Suggestions? Insults to my character? I'll take anything at this point <3

Charles Ferran
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Markers Between Machines
on Jul 2, 2019 at 5:34:17 pm

Clip Markers are stored in the xmp metadata. Either in the media file itself or in an xmp sidecar file. They are not in the project file. That’s why it works when you copy all the media. Doesn’t seem to be a way around it. If you google you will see people complaining about this going back nearly a decade.

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
Re: Markers Between Machines
on Jul 2, 2019 at 9:35:37 pm

Yes I've seen many complaints about it but surprisingly no answers as clear cut and dry as this. Thanks for that. Adobe, go home, you're drunk.

Charles Ferran
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]