ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Grey stripes...with clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Grey stripes...with clip
on Jun 19, 2019 at 7:09:07 pm

I am using PP CC for the first time, coming from CS6.....learning curve..
I'm helping out with a video short of a friend...This clip does not show up [only black] I never seen the grey stripes
If anyone could guide me that would be great....Sz

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Grey stripes...with clip
on Jun 21, 2019 at 1:54:03 pm

When a clip gets altered, for example, with a speed change to speed it up, and then gets replaced in the timeline, that can happen. The timeline is telling you the space the clips is taking up on the timeline is longer than the clip itself.

Usually, if a speed change is done within the timeline (in Premiere Pro), the clip auto-corrects itself in current versions. But I haven't looked at CS6 in a long time.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jun 21, 2019 at 4:59:45 pm

Thanks you for taking the time....I been working with CS 6...…..I am now using cc 2019 for the first time with this project because it was started on CC .....its a very large learning curve for me. The short hadn't been touched in 2 yrs. [old CC of 2 yrs. old] Maybe something happened as it was upgraded to the new version. I solved the problem by just bringing in the clip again. I was throw off, some with the grey stripes played visually fine, and some didn't....?

Now I feel like I'm back in kindergarten - and I'm flunking tissue.....I have to bring in separate audio, when I do it I can't put it on the audio timeline that I want....[starting to hate CC.....]

Thank you again for taking the time.....

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Jun 21, 2019 at 6:01:25 pm

It's ok Suzin, engineers love to change things. . .

You may have trouble with bringing in your audio because (as an example) you might be trying to bring mono audio into a stereo track, or perhaps the reverse.

You may need to create a new stereo track for stereo audio, or a new mono track for mono audio. Or try this (I haven't done it, just an idea) - Vertically enlarge the timeline so you have some empty space in the audio section and pull your audio to the black space. See if it automatically creates the correct track for it and drops it in.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jun 21, 2019 at 6:29:27 pm

How nice of you to respond...…
What is throwing me off - stereo wave file I want to replace...the original file.....Not sure if this makes sense, in some places the wave was able to be put on the preferred time line, and then not happening....I not clear what is different.
I will admit....didn't realize there was mono and stereo....I assume where I see 2 is stereo...?
Then again Audio 1 has both original and from the separate audio file...? You made a suggestion I might try, what the heck.... Thank you for taking the time...it is appreciated....best Suzin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]