ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere and Audition integration (2019 versions)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark thompson
Premiere and Audition integration (2019 versions)
on Jun 16, 2019 at 7:52:12 pm

One of the features I like about Premiere is "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition". What happens is it does a "Render and Replace" for all the audio tracks and then launches an instance of Audition. On mac it used to have all the tracks as files and then you can click on what track you want to work. Save the tracks you worked on and then the tracks re-appear in Premiere.

Sounds like a cool and useful feature, except it has never worked properly on Windows, at least over the last few years and releases. In the 2018 releases it didn't work but if you started up an instance of Audition it would then work as expected. However in the 2019 releases even that doesn't work ☹

My latest workaround is to unlink the clip and then you can edit each track. It works as expected but I don't like doing it because you could easily knock a track out of sync when you link again.

When you use something like an A7S and get only one stereo track then things work ok. Unfortunately if you use a more "pro" camera you get 8 mono tracks by default - of which 4 probably contain audio (Mxf). All this is before you start adding additional tracks.

Do you view this as a major feature ? How do you edit projects with multiple audio tracks?

Looking at projects that are for movies they seem to use Filmtools and then integrate the soundtracks back in. Is that the way it is done?

Audition has multitrack projects. Is there a way to integrate a multitrack project with Premiere? As far as I can tell one doesn't get created on either mac or pc.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Premiere and Audition integration (2019 versions)
on Jun 17, 2019 at 6:01:04 pm

The best way to use Audition with Premiere (other than occasional specialized clean up of a clip) is to utilize it as an audio post tool. Just like Pro Tools. Send the sequence to Audition. Mix there. Export a final mix (stereo, 5.1, stems, etc) and re-import those files back into Premiere and attach it to your final master sequence for delivery.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Jun 18, 2019 at 4:02:51 pm

Oliver,
thanks, that is a great answer and will be my workflow going forward.

I didn't know it could do that.

mark

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 18, 2019 at 5:21:31 pm

[mark thompson] "I didn't know it could do that."

You are welcome. Just right click the sequence in the project window and select "Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence" to get you there. I would make a copy of that sequence first, though.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]