ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Am I dreaming? Premiere is deleting my original media files after I export an .AAC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sahra Bhimji
Am I dreaming? Premiere is deleting my original media files after I export an .AAC
on Jun 13, 2019 at 3:45:57 pm

I know this sounds "not possible" - I've been using Premiere a long time and I'm truly bewildered. I exported an .aac file of my sequence (to hand off to sound mixer) and after this I get this:

Then after that, suddenly several of my media clips are "offline" - which is weird - but much worse, when I go to relink the media, several original media files have been DELETED from my external hard drive. Just totally gone. These are .mxf folders (h.264). The clip folder are there, but everything inside the folder is gone (I'm talking about the original media, on my hard drive, not within Premiere). They aren't' in my trash, they aren't shown anywhere. I know that premiere "should" not be able to do this, but I swear it happened. Fortunately, I have all my media backed up on a separate drive. The first time this happened, I thought I must be crazy. Then I tried it again, and it happened again but deleted different clips. I was running Premiere 13.0.1. I then updated my iMac to make sure I was on latest OS and updated Premiere to 13.1.2. I exported another .aac. Again, same thing happened! I made a screen recording of entire thing.

Here is the missing media warning (totally standard I know, but this is not a matter of "relinking" - these files have been deleted)-

Where have these deleted files gone? What is going on? I have tried the online chat with Adobe and they suggested I "call apple support" - but this entire process happens within Premiere. Seems like a very serious bug. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Am I dreaming? Premiere is deleting my original media files after I export an .AAC
on Jun 14, 2019 at 3:48:58 pm

if its repeatable, make a quick screen video of it, have a side view of your folders in real time.
adobe forum had a guy yesterday same problem.

Return to posts index

Sahra Bhimji
Re: Am I dreaming? Premiere is deleting my original media files after I export an .AAC
on Jun 14, 2019 at 5:25:05 pm
Last Edited By Sahra Bhimji on Jun 17, 2019 at 6:32:42 pm

Yep, repeated it and made a screen video (and I was the person who also posted on the adobe forum...).

Here's the video of the problem - note the files being erased from my hard drive at the end - they just disappear!
https://adobe.ly/2ZuDkLm

I've spent over 2 hours on the phone with Adobe support. They watch it happening with a screenshare, but haven't yet found a solution. I've lost about 3 days of my time on this and am getting fed up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]