ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Interlaced motion blur after exporting video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Cook
Interlaced motion blur after exporting video
on Jun 4, 2019 at 6:18:26 pm

I created some motion graphics in After Effects then added it to Premiere Pro and am getting some really obnoxious horizontal lines in my motion blur. I have a strong suspicion that the issue is happening in Premiere somewhere as when i check the actual video file that was exported from AE, its fine and looks good. The issue doesn't exist in Premiere's Project Monitor either. Only upon exporting and viewing the final file from Premiere does it occur. I've tried AVI, MPEG, H.264 MP4, all are displaying the horizontal lines upon fast movement in the animation. Below are some pics of the issue and my settings...any ideas? Thanks, Tony!

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Interlaced motion blur after exporting video
on Jun 4, 2019 at 6:32:58 pm

1920x1080 29.97 is 1080i, an interlaced format. You will get interlace artifacts. Motion blur in the AE render may make the end result appear more smooth in PPro, though.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Anthony Cook
on Jun 4, 2019 at 6:39:57 pm

Hmmm, I've never had problems in the past and have always used 1920x1080 and do plenty of vector motion graphics. The 4k video clips are kicked down to 1920x1080 and don't have any interlacing issues. Why wouldn't it display these artifacts in Premiere when the sequence setting is also 1920x1080? I'll try change the sequence settings to 1440x1080 and see what that does.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jun 5, 2019 at 3:50:34 am

upper field first from AE? are you absolutely sure you don't mean progressive no fields? if you really need them, then in premiere, setup the same field interpretation and render out same field order once again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/interlacing-field-order.html

Return to posts index

Anthony Cook
on Jun 5, 2019 at 4:18:28 pm

SOLVED: I got it taken care of! What is strange is that both Ae and Pr were set to UPPER FIRST. I was able to export a clean video by going to Sequence Settings and changing the "editing mode" to "DNX 1080p 29.97" from "Canon XF MPEG2 1080i/p", then export as "Format: H.264", "Preset: Match Source - High bitrate". DNX 1080p still kept it in 1920x1080 so i didn't have any ratio issues and solved my interlacing prob! Thanks for the advice guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]