ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio imports as incorrect file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Rosado
Audio imports as incorrect file
on Apr 21, 2019 at 2:39:19 pm

Using the latest Premiere CC 2019, April update on Windows.

This is a difficult issue to articulate in text, so I uploaded a video showing the problem here: https://streamable.com/u795k

Basically, I want to replace the camera audio with audio from another file. But when I import my new audio file, for some reason it imports as the same camera audio instead of the actual contents of the sound file.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Audio imports as incorrect file
on Apr 22, 2019 at 9:48:24 am

Nice presentation! (What capture software did you use for that?)

I would say this is a stupid bug.
Two things come to mind, you're dragging the clip into the timeline. Why not first drag it into a bin and then add it to your timeline?
Next, I would convert to 48K Wave first always, although that 'should' not make a difference.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Ernest Rosado
on Apr 22, 2019 at 12:30:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. I captured the screen using Camtasia from Techsmith. It has a whole lot of other features that I didn't use here, definitely worth checking out the trial and totally worth the price, it's a great piece of software and they've developed a screen-capture codec that retains full quality with surprisingly tiny file sizes.

In terms of this issue, I have tried dragging it into the bin first and the effect is the same. Same with converting to another format. I haven't tried changing the sample rate, will give that a go when I get back in front of it. I can confirm this is happening with every piece of audio I try to bring into the project. Same thing happens if I make a new project.

I thought perhaps it was indeed a bug, but I can't find a workaround. I literally can not move forward with my work and I don't know what to do.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Apr 22, 2019 at 12:33:56 pm

How about stripping the audio from the video prior to import?
Next thing to workaround, sync in the bin, and omit the audio from the cam, or, mute the cam sound later on.

But as you show, it's a stupid bug and perhaps you want to downgrade Premiere, and file a bug report!
(This makes no sense whatsoever.)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 22, 2019 at 12:40:34 pm

I had a similar issue awhile back with a video file.
Seems like Premiere mistakenly believes its the same file as your first file. Might have to do with XMP metadata. Do you have that turned on?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]