ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

BEST MOUSE TO USE FOR EDITING with Macbook pro laptop (track pad is breaking my neck!)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Yarosky
BEST MOUSE TO USE FOR EDITING with Macbook pro laptop (track pad is breaking my neck!)
on Mar 21, 2019 at 7:50:48 pm

Any suggestions out there on what to equip myself with for editing on a Laptop so I don't permanently disfigure my neck and end up with tennis elbow for the rest of my life? I am assuming a mouse (vs the track pad) would be a first step - suggestions on the best mouse for this? External keyboard ??!! I have tried to keep my monitors at an ergodynamic distance but ANY suggestions would be great. I have now been editing for months on the laptop and my body is saying NO MORE. Many Thanks!

p.s. any tricks to keep your eyes, neck and body safe while editing would be really appreciated!

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: BEST MOUSE TO USE FOR EDITING with Macbook pro laptop (track pad is breaking my neck!)
on Mar 25, 2019 at 2:38:27 pm

There really is no best mouse/keyboard. It's whatever is comfortable for you. I like a mouse that has some size and I can hold it, which is what I use at home, But at work, I have a Mac Magic Mouse that I like/dislike - I like the side-to-side swipe, hate the size and accidental zooms in AE comps. LOL! That last part might be human error, but happens way too much. Full size keyboard, with number keys for editing. The standard full size mac keyboard is nice, but once again, there are good other options out there. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo at home on my PC.

Look online for computer ergonomics. There have been lots of people doing lots of studies to get what would be the best way to work long hours at a computer. Most of us don't do it though, and will regret it later. I try to, but find myself slouching farther in my chair as the day goes.

Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

Karen Yarosky
Re: BEST MOUSE TO USE FOR EDITING with Macbook pro laptop (track pad is breaking my neck!)
on Mar 27, 2019 at 11:19:52 am

MANY MANY Thanks. I appreciate the response and the suggestions ... others have suggested Magic Mouse so perhaps will test it out alongside the others that work for you. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 27, 2019 at 5:56:43 pm

With Magic Mouse, you will go through a LOT of batteries. So be prepared for that.

Return to posts index

Karen Yarosky
on Mar 27, 2019 at 8:40:58 pm

OOOoohhhh. NOT into using batteries for my mouse .... other options please ???? (Thanks for the tip)

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Mar 30, 2019 at 1:33:24 pm

The Magic Mouse you would get if you go into an Apple Store or Best Buy today, in 2019, will have one internal battery that you charge. You don't change batteries in it. Other than that, if you don't want any sort of battery at all, you have to go for a wired mouse only, and in that case, literally any wired mouse will do. Go put your hands on some and buy the one you find most comfortable.

Return to posts index

Joby Anthony Jr
on Jun 5, 2019 at 7:45:16 pm

My two cents for laptop editing is to get an external monitor. At least when you're at home base this will give you the option to bring the eye-line higher benefitting the neck. And it will give you a second monitor to edit with. And it will keep you at a chair and a desk rather than the couch, thus making better overall ergo a greater potential (though I concur with Todd about slouching over time . . .).

And if you're looking at a wired mouse, then go for the wired full-size keyboard too, though that one can be a bit of dice-roll depending on how far away you need to keep the laptop screen and whether room remains to put a keyboard in front of it.

Or, just use the external monitor and allow the laptop to just be the engine--again, when at home base.

-- Joby.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]