ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

sequence timecode needs to match what clients see

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cornell
sequence timecode needs to match what clients see
on Mar 13, 2019 at 10:35:35 pm

After googling and spending time with Adobe Support, there seems to be no way to display time code in hours, minute and seconds instead of frames. Clients watch videos in players such as quicktime so they are giving feedback using timecode in the hour,minute, seconds format. Manually typing code values into premiere does NOT give me the precise spot in the timeline because we're dealing with 24 frames and my clients are dealing in seconds.

Any ideas welcome.

thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: sequence timecode needs to match what clients see
on Mar 14, 2019 at 4:14:14 am

This is why you need to give clients QT files with visible time code burned onto the image. That way you get completely accurate numbers. Often when you encode files for clients to watch, time code metadata is removed, so they can't see it, even if their player had an option to show it. (QT has an option, but often that metadata is gone, unless you give them the high data rate masters).

Always provide clients with QT files with burned in time code. It's an option in the EFFECTS tab in MEDIA ENCODER.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Cornell
on Mar 14, 2019 at 3:50:11 pm

Thank you Shane, that works for me. I posed the same question to level 2 Adobe support and they had no solution.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 14, 2019 at 6:56:15 pm

And if you wanted to make things even easier for your clients, use frame.io which will allow your clients to make timecode stamped notes to all of your footage.

tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Steve Cornell
on Mar 14, 2019 at 7:01:37 pm

Love the idea behind frame.io and seems simple enough. However, we tested vimeo's timecode notes with our clients and believe it or not, they couldn't wrap their heads around it so out of frustration or intimidation, they ended up returning to emails with incoherent notes in them.

Yep.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 14, 2019 at 7:05:10 pm

I feel your pain. Not sure why some clients just can't get it but it would save so much time in post. The best part is that after a client adds their notes you can then export those notes into Premiere and they will appear as matching timecoded markers in the corresponding sequences. An absolutely brilliant time saver when it comes to revisions.

tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]