ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Changing Color label of all my clips

COW Forums : PluralEyes

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Victor Dagand
Changing Color label of all my clips
on Jan 11, 2019 at 9:59:07 am

Hi everyone !

I have a simple setup for an edit : a long concert, 2 cameras, the sound from the mixing table.
I just got the project that an another editor as started and i need do make a new edit out of it.

I synchronize everything with puraleye (the concert is 4h30min long)
And now i just want to organize a bit. I like to work with different color labels for my clips, i find it more readable.

So my question is :
Now that everything is in place, synchronise and organize, how can i actualise my color labels.
The have the default color in my timeline, and i just change it in my bins.
The way i do it is by replacing ever clip by hand.
But i wonder if there is a faster way to do it !

Thank in advance !
(sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

Return to posts index

Tom Valens
Re: Changing Color label of all my clips
on Jan 11, 2019 at 7:34:24 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but a simple way of changing the color of clips on the timeline is to select all the clips you want to be a certain color, then Control (on a Mac) click one of them and select "Label". This brings up a list of about 16 colors to choose from.

Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions
Forest Knolls, CA

Return to posts index

Victor Dagand
on Jan 14, 2019 at 8:51:45 am

Hello Tom.

Thank you for your answer but it's not quite the idea. I will try to explain the issue a little better.

This is a concert, so i have a 4h30 long audio file. I synchronized all my video clips with this long audio file in puraleyes.
So when i import the xml into première, i have this result:

As you can see, all my video clips have the same label. So in order to stay organized, i wanted to change the labels of my video clips. The all have the same kind of name which is the default name (C00XX.MP4), so i can't really tell which is camera A and which is camera B. The only way i can sort them is by the bins that pluraleyes created (according to the video and audio tracks). Once i put them in their respective bins, i change the label of every video clips.

But now i'm left with : my clips in my bins correctly organized (with the label i want for each of them) and my clips in my timeline with the same default color as before. As if premiere didn't update/refresh the label change. (i really hope i'm making myself clear).

I was just wondering if there is any way to make premiere update the labels of each clips.

The way i change the label is by replacing the video clip by itself:

Sorry for the long post and thank you again for your time!

Victor Dagand

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 14, 2019 at 1:04:14 pm

File - project settings - general - tick the "display the project item name and label color for all instances" box

Return to posts index

Victor Dagand
on Jan 14, 2019 at 1:24:26 pm

Hello Tero Ahlfors,

that's exactly what i was looking for !

Thank you so much ! I hope this will help others !

Victor Dagand

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]