ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Importing footage from Sony A7, a6500 and adding unique names & Mental Health Maintenance question.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan McGuire
Importing footage from Sony A7, a6500 and adding unique names & Mental Health Maintenance question.
on Dec 12, 2018 at 4:36:06 pm

In the past I would Carbon Copy Clone my Sony SD cards to a new named and dated folder on an external HD, import the named and dated folder, and get to work.

The 4k Files would be found under Untitled->Private->M4ROOT->Clip->C0026.MP4 (Example)

and the associated Proxy File would be found Untitled->MP_ROOT->100ANVO1->MAH01404 (Example)

This makes my brain hurt. It isn't intuitive.

I'm starting a new project. I need a better system. I hate that I have multiple files in a documentary film project named "C0026" or whatever. I hate that the proxy files' names have nothing in common with the 4k or HD Res files.

So my question is this:
Does maintaining file structure on my external HD matter at all?
Can I just bring all my "C0026.MP4" files over to ONE Folder and rename the files adding project name, shot date, CAM A (or B), and location? This way I can use my finder to locate files.

What do I then do with Proxies? Should I rename them as I renamed the 4K files but add "proxy" to them? Perhaps I could keep them on a separate drive and use them to edit on my laptop while on the road.
Would there be any problem, at any point, linking them to the 4k files?

How do you folks deal with this?

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
Re: Importing footage from Sony A7, a6500 and adding unique names & Mental Health Maintenance question.
on Nov 23, 2019 at 8:23:07 pm

Hi Dan, this came up as I was searching for an answer to the exact same question! It's nerve-racking having folders that all have the same clip names! Did you ever figure out a system?

2x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 40GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K5000, Kona LHe+, OS X10.11.6

Return to posts index

Dan McGuire
Re: Importing footage from Sony A7, a6500 and adding unique names & Mental Health Maintenance question.
on Nov 23, 2019 at 8:58:26 pm

Well, no one responded to the thread. I still don't have a satisfying system. Let me know if you come up with one.
-dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]