ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

AUDIO TRACKS for the same clip do not seem to be linked when adjusting volume

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Yarosky
AUDIO TRACKS for the same clip do not seem to be linked when adjusting volume
on Dec 7, 2018 at 12:10:55 am

Hello All. I am sure there is a simple answer here that I am just missing .... Although all my clips are linked (ie when I grab a clip I get the video and both audio tracks 1 & 2 all moving as a unit). BUT .. when I try and adjust the volume of my audio clips - I need to adjust EACH TRACK (for the same clip) INDIVIDUALLY. The clip is linked, the selection is linked but I would love to find a way to boost the audio on BOTH tracks at the same time (without turning them into a mono track). Can someone please fill me in? Many Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AUDIO TRACKS for the same clip do not seem to be linked when adjusting volume
on Dec 7, 2018 at 3:38:24 am

Why don't you use the audio level thingy on each audio track? I think it rotates, but I'm pretty sure you can enter numeric values.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: AUDIO TRACKS for the same clip do not seem to be linked when adjusting volume
on Dec 7, 2018 at 12:27:57 pm

Select the tracks you want to adjust and hit ā€œgā€.

You can enter a numerical value for gain adjustment

Return to posts index

Karen Yarosky
on Dec 7, 2018 at 12:41:14 pm

Many Thanks! Will try that. Another simple but burning question - what is the difference (or is there a difference) between adjusting GAIN and adjusting audio LEVELS ? I see when I adjust gain it boosts the wave on the clip - but when I adjust the level (ie the little white bar on the audio track) - the audio wave seems to remain the same but the sound gets louder. I am presently just doing this during a rough cut for my own sense of how things will sound, but will messing around with one or the other (ie changing the gain vs moving the white line in the audio track)create more work for the person that will ultimately mix the sound? So appreciate you taking the time !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]