ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Titles in Essential Graphics: can I apply a template to multiple titles at once?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catherine Grubb
Titles in Essential Graphics: can I apply a template to multiple titles at once?
on Oct 10, 2018 at 4:33:52 pm

Hi all, asking because it seems absurd that I can't do this, and yet I can't seem to find a way-

I have created a template for my subtitle formatting in the Essential Graphics tool in Premiere. I would like to now batch-apply that template to all of my titles in the sequence. Surely I don't have to do this one by one? Is there a "paste attributes" equivalent for titles?
Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Titles in Essential Graphics: can I apply a template to multiple titles at once?
on Oct 11, 2018 at 2:38:59 pm

MOGRTs are basically input modules, with objects that have already been created and can be changed or customized. They can't be "applied" to existing titles.

You can, however, use Master Styles to create a set of text parameters (size, shadow, opacity, etc.) and apply those to text objects you've already created. In Essential Graphics, create a text object just the way you want it, then go to Master Styles and choose Create Master Style. Give it a relevant name. Now you can go to other titles you've created, select the text object, and select your preset in the Master Styles pulldown.

So if all you need to do is apply a text style, that's an easier way to do it. If you want to have a more complex treatment to already-created titles (with shapes and/or animation), I'm afraid you'll have to create one, duplicate it for all your titles, and update the text throughout. If you'll be using the same treatment in future projects, you can save it as a MOGRT.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Catherine Grubb
Re: Titles in Essential Graphics: can I apply a template to multiple titles at once?
on Oct 11, 2018 at 3:03:03 pm

Hi John, thanks for your response! That's how I'm doing it now, by individually applying a Master Style. It's just rather slow going.

The titles aren't anything complex, just subtitles. Unfortunately I have 5 episodes of a show heavily subtitled show to conform, so I was hoping to find a way to apply a Master Style to multiple titles at once.

One thing I did find yesterday is that, if you already have all your titles set to your Master Style, you can change the style of all of them at once by going to a single title, making your changes, and then hit the up arrow to the right of the Master Style dropdown to push the changes to all other titles that have the Master Style applied to them. Just wanted to note that here in case anyone comes across this thread in the future with the same problem.

That'll help should I need to make batch-changes in the future once I've got them all set to a Master Style, and it will help me out for future projects, but as it is now I'm sort of stuck doing this manually, it looks like.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 17, 2018 at 6:44:23 pm

There is a new feature in the latest update where you can link data in an Excel file to titles - I have not used this but it might be a way to accomplish what you need to do.

There was a tutorial posted a while back about using inDesign to make static titles and being able to make changes to many easily.

There may be other ways to do this such as duplicating a graphic you like and manually changing the text while keeping the style intact - more tedious of course.

Has anyone requested something like this of Adobe? Lot of shows use consistent graphic styles.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Matt Babcock
on Oct 18, 2018 at 7:19:51 pm

Yes!!! This stumped us for awhile but we just figured it out. When you create a Master Font Style, a reference to it is created in your bins. You can just select all of the titles you want to share a master font style and then just drag and drop the master font style from you bin onto the highlighted titles in your sequence. If you need to edit the master font style after applying it, just the change your settings on a single title and click the up arrow next to the master font style, that will update the style/titles everywhere.

Return to posts index

Catherine Grubb
on Oct 18, 2018 at 7:23:51 pm

Matt, you're an unspeakable genius! I searched high and low for this on forums across the web and didn't find an answer. Thank you from the bottom of my (and my shop's) heart.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]