ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere importing XML/EDL from Davinci incorrectly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Solterbeck
Premiere importing XML/EDL from Davinci incorrectly
on Sep 16, 2018 at 6:27:51 pm

I'm doing a cut detection in Davinci and exporting the cuts to Premiere. I'm exporting them as all available formats. In all formats that will import to Premiere, they all do the same thing: the cuts are all there, but each cut begins at the beginning of the source. It has this behavior on two systems. What am I missing? Trying to cut up a very long live switch in order to color correct. See attached.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Solterbeck
Re: Premiere importing XML/EDL from Davinci incorrectly
on Jan 9, 2019 at 4:25:00 am

Haha I was searching on google and this link came up, I got all excited! Then I realized, it's my own post . . .

Seriously, no one is having this problem? I know some people are because I've seen this come up elsewhere. I can't import a working XML sequence from Resolve to Premiere. I need Resolve for scene detection for very long live switches with mismatched cameras.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jan 9, 2019 at 8:37:54 am

I can't help with the actual problem, but you can still use ReCut (available from my site.)

But, if you have mismatched cams, why not do the job in Resolve itself?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Solterbeck
on Jan 9, 2019 at 6:14:39 pm

Thank you, I've not heard of Recut, I'm surprised it hasn't appeared in my searches. I'll try the demo today. Good point on coloring in Resolve, the reality is I need to recut the shows to some extent, so this process is part of me matching back the cuts to the original footage. I would prefer not to have Resolve as my main NLE due to all the other things that have to happen. Sometimes I just do another live cut in Premiere with multicam, which works great but is again time consuming. Trying to find the best workflow. But your logic is sound, I appreciate the comments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]