ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Creating a video for a planetarium dome

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Turano
Creating a video for a planetarium dome
on Sep 11, 2018 at 3:10:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I work at a college and we have a planetarium here. They have asked me to create a show for Halooween.

I have done some research but haven't quite found all the answers I am looking for.

1-The video has to be a square with a circle mask. What are the dimensions? I saw 1024x1024. Is that the standard? The woman who works in our planetarium isn't sure what they are.

2-I am looking to create a 20 minute piece. Is it better to create it in Premiere or After Effects?

3-What file do you export it out as?

If there are any other things I am missing, I will be very grateful for anything you can pass along.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Creating a video for a planetarium dome
on Sep 12, 2018 at 10:29:00 am

[Paul Turano] "What are the dimensions? I saw 1024x1024. Is that the standard? The woman who works in our planetarium isn't sure what they are."

You need to get some specs from someone instead of trying to guess what some random playback system is expecting.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 12, 2018 at 3:15:03 pm

1) What is the display hardware? Assuming a projector. Find out what resolutions are supported first. Use highest possible for best quality.

2) Premiere is going to be much easier to use than AE, with AE reserved for complex compositing/effects work. If you have to ask, that tells me you need to work in Premiere.

3) Export - refer to #1, what hardware is used for playback/display? Will video be played from a laptop? DVD, Blu-ray? With which player software? H.264 is a widely-used delivery format and can look good, but there are certainly less-compressed, higher-quality formats available if supported by player hardware/software.

Without knowing anything about your hardware, we cannot offer any specifics for you.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Paul Turano
on Sep 13, 2018 at 11:13:27 am

Thanks for the feedback. To clarify a few things:

We have a Gamma system 1050 pixel diameter circle, angle of projection 175degrees. I can output it to H.264.

Jeff, with regards to the Premiere/After Effects question, I know the difference between the 2 and use them both regularly. I only asked because I had seen a video where the person was working entirely in AE. I would prefer to build my compositions in AE and then import them into Premiere to be precisely edited to the music.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]