ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Editng shots as if it was memory for the talent

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram Van Workum
Editng shots as if it was memory for the talent
on Aug 10, 2018 at 12:24:08 pm

Hi,

I have a bunch of shots with a talent and a bunch of shots with b-roll, other scenes, moving shots whilst driving etc. These shots should be editted as if they were memories. IE: the viewer should see sped up or slomo shots that are cut in quick succesion and contain lots of location and material and then ends up in real time with the talent. I've seen some stuff like this before in various films but for the life of me cant find a clear clip or tutorial that shows how to set up an idea like that. Any suggestions ?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Editng shots as if it was memory for the talent
on Aug 10, 2018 at 1:26:01 pm

Sound design and color grading are often used to distinguish flashbacks from real time. It really depends on the look and tone of your film as to how you want to approach it.

A few ideas are warmer tones, vignettes, softer image, film grain, or directional highlight blurs. Use some sort of whoosh or drone sound effect to snap in and out of flashback. There is an old tutorial here on Creative Cow that shows how to replicate the look of the flashbacks in the Bourne movies.

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Aug 10, 2018 at 1:49:32 pm

Thanks for the reply!

The grading and sound part i get. Editting the shots in sensible order to convey that feeling is something else. I was wondering/looking for edit examples. I've looked up Bourne flashbacks

the movements and a few frames of a related clip (related to interrogation) seems to be workin. If i search flashbacks in Youtube i get a lot of stuff fairly similar. Green colors, shutterstreak or gateweave. But any other ideas out there? The search goes on ☺

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 10, 2018 at 4:54:49 pm

Desaturation...blur vignette...composite in some floaty graphic type things like RAMPANT DESIGN makes. Or desaturate, vignette, add a little camera shake and flicker (much like that bourne clip).

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]