Duplicate sequence and make it independent Adobe Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Matthews
Duplicate sequence and make it independent Adobe Premiere
on Apr 15, 2018 at 2:44:42 pm
Last Edited By Carl Matthews on Apr 15, 2018 at 4:23:44 pm

Hi everyone.

Hoping someone can help me, I've tried everything and searched online but cant find the info I need, so now I need to ask for help.Its going to be really hard for me to explaining but here we go...

The issue is in Adobe Premiere.

Basically I have a sequence that has some images and some slight animation and masking and I want to know how I can duplicate/copy this sequence and make it so that it is editable as its own separate sequence.

The problem I am getting is when I change the image in the new duplicate sequence and swap it for a new image, it changes the image in the first original sequence?

How can I copy the sequence with all the animation and masking and be able to change the image without it changing the original sequence?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance, Carl

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Duplicate sequence and make it independent Adobe Premiere
on Apr 15, 2018 at 11:15:15 pm

It's easy. Duplicate the sequence, then simply replace the old image with the new one. I do this all the time. Unfortunately I'm not in front of my PP machine at work, so I can't give you precise details on how to do it. n Just know it's easy to do and you should have no worries. Go to sleep peacefully.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Carl Matthews
on Apr 16, 2018 at 1:25:35 pm

I wish it was that simple I would just do it and not have to come here ☺

Let me give you so more infomation. So I am using a template from Motion Array, it's basically a corporate presentation there is 20slides each slide is its own sequence and within that sequence is other sequences and effects and such to make the image and text move as each slide plays through. What I have a problem with is when I try to copy one of the sequences to make a new slide with a difference image it swaps the image on the original sequence too. how are these linked like this and how can I make them work independent?

Thanks Carl

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:01:45 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:18:07 pm

Well, there's a reason why this is tough and complicated -- if it was easy, Motion Array couldn't sell any templates. Everyone would just make them.

Someplace in this project there has to be a timeline that contains words to this effect -- "replace image here". That's the one that gets duplicated & renamed. It may be an image within that timeline, but you still have to duplicate the timeline & rename it.

Beyond that, there's no way to tell, and a lot of help can't be given. Why? Because this stuff is complex! No one knows how the template maker organized things, including you.

A word of warning: if you intend to make a lot of variants of this project, you will do A LOT of duplicating, and it will be confusing as all get-out. You'd be better off duplicating the entire project file for each variant, which will really cut down on the confusion.

This kind of stuff is almost-always done in After Effects, because that's what AE is designed for. I've never heard of a template like this for PP. That's just flat-out, nuts-crazy-insane.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Carl Matthews
on Apr 17, 2018 at 10:48:03 am

Turns out it is really simple.

Spoke to someone at Motion Array, below is how to do it. Basically import the full project into the currant project.

"This tutorial will help you duplicate elements in Premiere https://motionarray.com/tutorials/premiere-pro-tutorials/templates/duplicat...
You can also re-import the same project into the current one that you have open and then you will have a new set of placeholders in that imported project. You can repeat the process. Alternatively, you could "save as" different projects, and export different quicktimes that you can then piece together back in Premiere. Check out this video that you may find helpful: https://motionarray.com/tutorials/importing-premiere-projects-into-premiere.... Hope that helps."

Thanks for your help though

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 17, 2018 at 4:20:54 pm

Glad you got the directions. They always help.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]