ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

MP3 + JPEG fasted export settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Rozzi
MP3 + JPEG fasted export settings
on Mar 13, 2018 at 6:24:07 pm

Hi, I'm trying to export an mp3 playing over a picture of the album and some text displaying the song, album, and band, such as what is commonly found on YouTube. I've tried playing with a bunch of different settings, but the export time is always extremely long (it takes at least 2-3 min to get up to 1% on the first pass) and the lowest I've been able to get the estimated file size is 100 mb. I've watched a couple help videos on the best export settings for YouTube, but when I follow those settings my estimated file size goes up to almost 1 gb. And again, this is a 3-min mp3 over a picture and some text. I'm on H.264 and the audio is 44100 Hz. I know I can get it way down in size, because I downloaded an example song from YouTube (mp3 over image), and the file, which looked and sounded great, was only 12.1 mb.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: MP3 + JPEG fasted export settings
on Mar 13, 2018 at 6:54:38 pm

What software are you using to export? I ask because I have found Premiere Pro doesn't always love MP3 files.

Most of time it isn't an issue - until it is.

I routinely run MP3's through Audition and convert them to WAV files to work in Premiere Pro. No quality loss, and Premiere Pro is happy.

But it could be something else. Are you using a newer version of Adobe software? An older version? Without more information, it's a lot of guesswork.

If you send the render over to Media Encoder, it has YouTube presets.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Matthew Rozzi
on Mar 13, 2018 at 7:07:56 pm

We're using Pro Tools. And I'm using Premiere Pro CC.

It's not the fact that it's mp3. To troubleshoot, I tried exporting another file that I had already exported months ago, and it exported super fast. That project was also just an mp3 over image. The mp3 was also done with Pro Tools. So there's something wrong with this particular project. The photo I'm using is less than 1 mb. The song is 9 mb. Not really that huge of files.

Return to posts index

Matthew Rozzi
on Mar 13, 2018 at 7:37:22 pm

I just tried exporting with the video tracks turned off. It started exporting super fast. So it's the video, not audio.

Actually, specifically it's one image in particular. I'm using the same image twice: it's in the background with the opacity decreased and with a gaussian blur. Then on top of that are the text, and the same square image but smaller and with no effects. By elimination I realized that the only thing that made any difference was the image I enlarged. I tried just turning off the blur but it still was slow, so it's the image itself. But still, when I lower the target bitrate as low as it can go for troubleshooting purposes, with that image turned on, exporting takes an incredible amount of time. There must be a better way to export this, this doesn't seem normal.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 13, 2018 at 7:40:33 pm
Last Edited By Todd Perchert on Mar 13, 2018 at 7:44:12 pm

Not sure what file your image may be, but maybe open in PS, make a new PS doc using an RGB HDTV preset, copy your image over to it. Then import that PSD doc into your project.
TC

Return to posts index

Matthew Rozzi
on Mar 14, 2018 at 4:12:01 pm

I have no idea what I did, but as I continued to tamper and test it started working appropriately. I even tried a preset that I had tried before (which had failed) and it exported super quick (~2 min). It wasn't a computer restart either; I tried that early on and it did nothing. Right now, my settings are:

H.264
Frame Rate: 29.97
Field Order: Progressive
Profile: High
Level 4.2
VBR 2 Pass
Target bitrate: 2
Max bitrate: 3
Maximum depth and render quality are both checked

So I don't know what I did to fix this, it's a mystery. However, I'm still struggling trying to get the video under 25 mb while preserving a decent image. If anyone could help with that, that'd be great. Thanks for the help so far.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 15, 2018 at 5:30:21 pm

Uncheck Maximum Depth, you don't need it going to h264. And you could uncheck Maximum Render Quality unless you are scaling to a different image size - even then, when going smaller, I usually don't check it and have better results than having it checked.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]