ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Encoding issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebeccah Redden
Encoding issue
on Mar 13, 2018 at 1:59:55 pm

I have a large file I am attempting to encode, however each time I export it the file goes through the whole exporting process to 100 percent, and then the exporting hasn't worked in the following ways:

1) the exported file has all clips up until the last 10 or 15 minutes, then the video freezes or
2) the exported file only has the first 30 minutes then it freezes or
3) the video will not open at all on quicktime or vlc, and is only 24 bytes large, so it's clear it didn't encode properly.

If I export in chunks it seems to work fine, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if anyone else has the same problem.

Here's my specs:
I have the latest premiere pro and media encoder update
I'm not using media encoder to export because I need captions and for some reason media encoder wasn't encoding my captions
I use a 2016 Macbook pro 15 in, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
I'm exporting in H.264, 1080p, 29.99 fps, captions burned into video.
Estimated file size is 17 GB which I have enough space for.
My file is 1 hour and 34 minutes long, my source files are on 2 external hard drives. The hard drives do sometimes come disconnected but this is not the case in this issue I believe, as I receive an error message if they come disconnected which I have not received when it get to 100 percent encoded.
Initial issues pointed to a file that wasn't rendered properly. I rendered it and removed the problem effect and it worked from there but again I received an error to indicate this. Since then I have not received any errors that theres a problem in the timeline.

Let me know what you think or what I should try! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Encoding issue
on Mar 13, 2018 at 6:34:18 pm

Try rendering out to something like Prores or DNXHD or something similar. Then transcode to h.264. Not a solution, but might be a workaround.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved