ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Issues with Ingest Presets

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Simpson
Issues with Ingest Presets
on Jan 31, 2018 at 4:34:07 pm

So I've created a custom export preset in media encoder (everything 2018 CC btw). I know a custom ingest needs an export preset to work of. No problems there. So I create the ingest preset and base it off an export preset. Then with my newly created custom export and ingest presets I go back to premiere. In the Ingest settings I select CREATE PROXIES with the ingest button checked. Of course my custom ingest preset is not an option so I select ADD INGEST PRESET. I navigate to where my custom ingest preset is and select. As soon as I do this ingest toggles back to TRANSCODE.

Why!!!!?????

I want to create proxies with my custom ingest preset but every time I go to load it up it switches me back over to TRANSCODE.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Issues with Ingest Presets
on Jan 31, 2018 at 5:30:40 pm

Not sure what the problem is. If you create an ingest preset for proxy creation it should be a transcode.

You're transcoding your master file to a lower quality format.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Christian Simpson
on Jan 31, 2018 at 6:42:23 pm

But I want to create proxies not just transcodes.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jan 31, 2018 at 6:53:33 pm

transcode = proxy. They are one in the same. When you tell Premiere to create a proxy file you are telling it to create a transcode of your master file.

Just make sure your proxy audio settings match your master file audio- i.e., if you have 4 channels of audio on your master file you must have four channels of audio on your proxy file. If the audio channels don't match, you won't be able to switch back to the master files after you're done working with the proxies.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Christian Simpson
on Jan 31, 2018 at 7:29:00 pm

I am aware of that however within Premiere the TRANSCODE AND CREATE PROXIES functions are different. With the create proxies function I can switch back and forth between my master media and the proxy with the click of a button. If you simply transcode there is no connection made between proxy and master clip thus making the swap proxy button useless.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jan 31, 2018 at 7:44:07 pm

Hmm. I guess I'm confused as to where your problem is located.

You can set up your proxy creation settings in the media browser before importing or you can do it after you import your master files into Premiere. I just did a test on both the media browser and also inside premiere and both options work fine for creating proxies.

Have you attempted to create proxies both ways?

- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Ragnar Egeland
on Mar 5, 2018 at 4:34:40 pm

I had the same problem. My custom proxy presets ended up as transcode presets in Premiere Pro, no matter how hard I tried to get them in as proxies.
I’m not sure what the problems was, but I manage to fix it by:
- Delete my saved problem proxy presets.
- Deleted the same presets in media encoder.
- Deleted the same presets in: C:\Users\user\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\12.0\YOUR PROFILE\Settings\Ingest Presets
- Restarted my computer.
- Created the presets all over again in Media Encoder CC2018 with a different naming convention.
- Finally, imported the presets successfully as proxies.

Note!
- If you edit your encoding preset in Media Encoder, you have to edit your ingest preset as well. It is not enough to just re-export it.
- I change the Format and preset under transcode files to Destination and change it back again.
- Then export and overwrite it in Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

Stefan Tenovici
on May 16, 2018 at 11:25:38 am

Christian, any luck? Same here, read at least half of the internet till now. Useless.
Even delete / recompose all presets. Even new premiere profile.
Select 'transcode' at ingest preset, import custom preset, the drop down switches to 'create proxy'.

And if I switch back to 'transcode', the preset I just imported dosn't even appears in the 'Preset' But if I try to re import it, Prremiere asks me if I want to overwrite it.

Return to posts index

Christian Simpson
on May 16, 2018 at 2:33:22 pm

Still no solution unfortunately. Premiere is so broken ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]