FORUMS: list search recent posts

finding a solution to watermark on video being unsharp/pixelated

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris James
finding a solution to watermark on video being unsharp/pixelated
on May 17, 2019 at 4:55:57 am

the web video script that I’m using adds a watermark successfully, however, the watermark.png looks ok on the small screen, but when full screen is selected the watermark.png image looks much less sharp.

‘scale2ref’ seems like a possible solution. I have tried different attempts with it without success. The ffmpeg documentation shows:

“Scale a logo to 1/10th the height of a video, while preserving its display aspect ratio”:
[logo-in][video-in]scale2ref=w=oh*mdar:h=ih/10[logo-out][video-out]

I need guidance with integrating scale2ref into a current line of code, for example:

$ffmpegCommand =''.$ffmpeg_b.' -y -i '.$video_file_full_path.' -i '.escapeshellarg($watermark_image_full_path).' -i '.escapeshellarg($watermark_image_full_path).' -filter_complex "scale=426:-2, scale=426:-2, overlay=10:10, overlay=170:170:enable=between(t\,5\,5+2)" -vcodec libx264 -preset '.$pt->config->convert_speed.' -crf 26 '.$video_output_full_path_240.' 2>&1';

any additional assistance is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: finding a solution to watermark on video being unsharp/pixelated
on May 22, 2019 at 9:33:23 pm

What are the resolutions of the logo graphic and the video clip?

If for example the video is 1920x1080 and logo is 400x400, the logo is not going to look good blown up that much, just isn't

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]