FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to deinterlace a fragment of a movie and retain the exact original quality with FFmpeg

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antoni Beksiak
How to deinterlace a fragment of a movie and retain the exact original quality with FFmpeg
on Nov 12, 2018 at 12:09:55 pm
Last Edited By Antoni Beksiak on Nov 12, 2018 at 12:29:45 pm

I've got a final version of a movie I co-produced, ca. 20 minutes in a below 3GB file. There's a few-second-long fragment that needs to be deinterlaced, but I can't do it on a project file before rendering, since the original director/editor is a weirdo, so I have to make do with the version I have.

Therefore I split the movie to isolate the fragment I need to deinterlace, and I intend to concatenate it later on.

I used this advice: https://askubuntu.com/questions/866186/how-to-get-good-quality-when-convert... and it works well, however it results in a 50 fps file instead of 25 fps (which is understandable due to the intricacies of the process, but not compatible with my original file) and quite different quality settings. How would I formulate the command to get the output file compatible with the source file in order to concatenate? Should it be two-pass to take advantage of 50 fps deinterlacing process?

Thanks in advance, Antoni.

The source file specs are:

Format : MPEG-4 Format profile : Base Media Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41) File size : 75.2 MiB Duration : 34 s 987 ms Overall bit rate mode : Variable Overall bit rate : 18.0 Mb/s Writing application : Lavf57.34.103

Video ID : 1 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : Main@L4.1 Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, RefFrames : 3 frames Codec ID : avc1 Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding Duration : 34 s 760 ms Bit rate mode : Variable Bit rate : 17.9 Mb/s Maximum bit rate : 24.0 Mb/s Width : 1 920 pixels Height : 1 080 pixels Display aspect ratio : 16:9 Frame rate mode : Constant Frame rate : 25.000 FPS Standard : NTSC Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.346 Stream size : 74.3 MiB (99%) Language : English Color range : Limited Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio ID : 2 Format : AAC LC Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity Codec ID : mp4a-40-2 Duration : 34 s 987 ms Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 192 kb/s Channel(s) : 2 channels Channel layout : L R Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF) Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 820 KiB (1%) Language : English Default : Yes Alternate group : 1

Return to posts index

Antoni Beksiak
Re: How to deinterlace a fragment of a movie and retain the exact original quality with FFmpeg
on Nov 15, 2018 at 5:03:27 pm

bump.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]